User trust is important to us, and Destination Lofoten AS is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Below, we explain how and why we collect information about our website visitors.
We store information for several reasons:
- So that the system can recognize our users, to be able to use the website and booking system
- To have a confirmation of purchase/registration
- So that our users can register for our events
- For the targeting and removal of advertisements and editorial content that are relevant/irrelevant to you
- Develop and improve our services by understanding how they are used
Information you provide to us is only stored in our internal systems. The information will not be sold to any third party, and will only be used to provide you, the user, with more relevant information and better services.
Third parties may be able to extract anonymized IP addresses and data based on your surfing patterns and. We are obliged to ensure that these third parties process data in line with Norwegian regulations.
It is logged which page are visited, time, browser and from which source the visit originates.
Newsletter registration: When providing an email adresse for receiving newsletter via email, we store e-mail addresses.
Booking related: We are obligated by Norwegian law to store information provided by customers who buys services via our website, for accounting purposes.
How do we store the data?
We do not store sensitive data about the users on www.visitlofoten.com. The data we store is only related to;
- Newsletters (email and travel interests)
- Booking (email, first name, last name, adresse, country of residence, and phone number)
- Payment-card information needed to process payments
We will never ask for sensitive personal data. Read what kind of data we refer to here.
Personal data will be stored in our database, processed and published in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Act (personopplysningsloven), and as stated below.
Destination Lofoten AS operates www.visitlofoten.com and is responsible for all data collected via the domain.
We sometimes engage other companies to contribute to our development, and in such cases, we may provide these companies with the information they need to carry this out. Furthermore, your data will not be disclosed to others without your consent, or we are legally obliged to disclose it.
Your data is stored within the EU/EEA area following Norwegian privacy legislation.
Personal information that you provide via www.visitlofoten.com is voluntary and consent-based. You can at any time ask us to correct or delete all data we have stored about you. Contact email@example.com for further instruction.
- We accommodate this as long as the service you want to be deleted from does not have special requirements and specific reasons for storing your data.
- If we suspect grossly incorrect information in the user profile, we can delete your account without further proceedings.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of data.
- You have the right to data portability.
- You have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can at any time control your cookie consent on www.visitlofoten.com. You can also delete cookies from your browser at any time, but this means that various settings that pertain to all your browser activity will disappear.
You can also change the settings in your browser so that it does not allow cookies to be stored on your hard drive. However, this results in poorer functionality on certain websites, can prevent access to pages that require logging in and make parts of the content and certain functions unavailable.
If you want control over which third parties use the technology for various purposes, we recommend tools such as Ghostery and Disconnect.
Destination Lofoten AS, org.nr. 964 203 660
Besøksadresse: Håkon Kyllingsmarksgate 6, 8300 Svolvær
Postadresse: PB 2010, 8301 Svolvær
Telefon: +47 76 06 98 00